Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Introduction to the "Whole Child" Initiative and Social Emotional Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

As an educator, you are likely aware that a child's social and emotional well-being plays an important role in his or her success, but do you know how big an impact it has? In part 1 of this 4-part series, join Sheryl Harmer, as she provides an introduction to the framework of the "Whole Child" initiative and the mission of ensuring that each child, in each school, in each community is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Sheryl will provide an overview of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), and examine its role within the "Whole Child" approach. Using the CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning) framework, he will also address competencies and review key evidence in support of SEL.

NOTE: While this webinar may be viewed as a stand-alone webinar, additional helpful information may be found in the 3 related webinars: Evaluating Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Skills, Promoting Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Skills: Helping Your Students Succeed, and School Wide Approaches to Social and Emotional Learning (SEL).

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by Apperson. For more information about Apperson, please visit www.apperson.com

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Learning Theories & Strategies, School Safety, Sponsored
Tags: adult resilience, CASEL framework, learning strategies, resiliency, SEL, Social Emotional Learning, Whole Child

Reviews (12)

+2

Such an important topic to be up to date on to give our students the best chance of success.

I am looking forward to watching the following seminars.

Good information. I am looking forward to getting further information on this topic.

thank you
+2

Worth the time! Glad to see topics such as this, looking forward to the others!

Good introductory information. Looking forward to listening/watching the follow up webinars.

Great!
+10

Loved the presentation. Thank you!

good basic information, i enjoyed it!
+4

This was a good introduction to the "whole child" initiative. Curious that it is considered a "new" concept. . . I was taught to teach this way back in the late 80's. :)
more reviews ...