Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Correct Posture and Health Awareness for Working with Mobile Learning Devices

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

How many hours a day do you or your students spend on tablets, phones, or other mobile devices? Are you aware of the potential physical damage that can be caused as a result of poor posture and ergonomics when using these devices? According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, children ages 8-18 spend an average of seven and a half hours per day using "entertainment media."

Join Dr. Mark Roerick as he shares the importance of good posture and proper ergonomics - for both children and adults - when using mobile devices. He will explain how "text neck" occurs due to increased use of mobile devices, and will show how this forward head posture can lead to muscle strain, disc herniations, pinched nerves, and even certain metabolic conditions. Dr. Mark will also share things that can be done to prevent or reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Personal Enrichment, School Safety, Workplace
Tags: ergonomics, mobile devices, posture, preventing injuries

Reviews (15)

Great tips. I try to be mindful of my posture, but it is difficult when using a laptop. I will definitely start reminding my students to sit up when using their laptops in class and when using their phones.
Great tips for helping people with computer set up and personal device usage. Our school just issued us Macbooks, so our tech person recommended we keep our PC monitors and buy a keyboard for working at our desks. We raise the monitor on thick dictionaries and use keyboards that are much more comfortable. It gives us both the convenience of a mac and a much better setting. Still working on posture and taking breaks, thought!
Great tips and excellent statistics on cell phone/computer useage...I grade students regularly on posture and technique...this also emphasizes how important that it is...aside from the fact that it is more productive.

Thanks again!!
Thank you for this excellent information.
Thanks to Dr. Mark's presentation I just raised my monitor and keyboard! My back is thanking you in advance.
Thank you so much for the very important information.
Excellent tips! I plan to post a Sit-Up! post-it note on my computer and also to be sure and take breaks from the computer every 30 minutes.
Great presentation. Thanks.
This webinar certainly makes you think about what all those hours spent on mobile devices might do to your body. Thank you!
Much to ponder.
more reviews ...