Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using QR Codes to Engage Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Quick Response codes, or QR codes, have sometimes been referred to barcodes on steroids. These small digitized squares are used for storing encoded information into a small, two-dimensional space that can be read by Smartphones and other handheld devices, such as iPads, web cameras, or QR readers. Originally they were used in the automotive industry, but QR codes are not just for car parts anymore!

In this webinar, you will discover how to create QR codes to use in your classroom. Simple, free QR generators allow you to create codes that can link to YouTube, text, SMS, email, URLs, and more. Learn how this technology can be used to engage students in a variety of learning activities and resources, such as scavenger hunts, checking answers, providing supplemental materials or tutorials, promoting school or class events, and more. QR codes are a great way to integrate technology with a real world application.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Mobile Learning, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: application, Blended Learning, code, create, Digital Media, iPads, make, Mobile Learning or Mobile Devices, QR codes, Quick Response codes

Reviews (49)

I appreciate the new tips! Thx!
+2

I love using QR CODES. My students used them on a county schools bulletin board!

I found this webinar very engaging and informative. I love how Carol incorporated QR codes directly into her presentation that I could scan right onto my iPhone to experience just how easy and fun this practice can be in the classroom. So many wonderful ideas. I have been contemplating for a while how to incorporate QR codes into my classroom and now I am immersed in so many wonderful ideas.

I think this webinar was very interesting and that QR codes are great to use with your students in the classroom

Enjoyed the dynamics of the seminar

I've used QR codes but this was very helpful to learn new tips and tricks. I am so happy to find out about the Google details to make a QR code. Great classroom connections ideas. Will be interested in trying vocaroo.

Loved this! This was a great intro for how to easily use QR codes in the classroom - thank you for the information and ideas!

Excellent webinar. The presenter provided good background information as well as the resources to spark new ideas and uses. Well done!
+3

This was sooo much fun. I just can't get enough of QR Codes. Love them.

Carol: Thank you! Great ideas to use in my classes!
more reviews ...