Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Getting Started with Khan Academy

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever thought about flipping your classroom so that you can do more collaborative and hands-on projects in class? This webinar will explore a terrific online resource that can help make this happen easily. Khan Academy provides a variety of free online, pre-made instructional materials that you can assign to students to do at home, leaving you more time for labs and group work in class. Participants will learn how to sign up for a Khan Academy account, how to sign students up for Khan Academy, how to monitor student progress, and how to understand student progress reports generated within Khan Academy.

Although it is helpful to have seen the "Flipping Your Classroom - It's Easy with Khan Academy" webinar presented previously, it is not mandatory, as a brief review of the ways in which Khan Academy can be used in the classroom will also be included.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, November 10, 2016 @ 6:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Differentiation & Personalization, Virtual Learning
Tags: Blended Learning, Communication and Collaboration, Differentiated Learning, engage, Flipped Classroom, instructional, Khan Academy, learning, online, online resources, tutorial, videos, Virtual Learning, YouTube

Reviews (46)

I can't wait to try it with my 5th graders in social studies and science.

Nikki is a great e-mentor and has a fantastic way to get her content across. Her enthusiasm is amazing.

Wow! There are lots of benefits from using Khan Academy. I will definitely use Khan Academy. Thank you!
+3

Awesome presentation! I am considering using Khan Academy with my adult literacy classes. Thanks for the information!

My son's school uses this a lot so we have tried some at home... love how to use it with a flipped classroom approach.

You can learn almost anything with KhanAcademy's hands-on tutorials, especially Math and Science.
+2

Great support for homeschool parents.
+2

Great

WOW - loved the information and the presentation! Now I need time to investigate Khan Academy. Thank you!

I liked the intro to Khan Academy - however would have liked to spent more time exploring the site and learning how to establish a classroom
more reviews ...