Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Take the Happiness Challenge: Make a Change that Impacts Student and Teacher Success

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you ready to make some changes for yourself and your students that can lead to a sense of empowerment and more effective learning? Decades of research show that educators' levels of happiness have a greater impact on student success than any other on-campus factors. Join Susan Brooks-Young as she reviews various research and studies supporting the path to personal and professional happiness, and shares an overview of the five recommendations they have in common. Whether you are a teacher or a school leader, come learn how you can begin making a positive change today for yourself, your students, your classroom, and your school.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, February 12, 2015 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Personal Enrichment
Tags: burnout, happiness, positive psychology, student success, teacher effectiveness

Reviews (25)

This was amazing! It can change the lives of my students. How can I get information about the Candle and the Rose?
Basic Member

It helps a lot.We forgot to be happy!
Basic Member

Great webinar.

I can't tell you how much I needed to hear this reminder of focusing on the positive and being grateful. The media seems to focus on the negative and you hear that so much you feel like everything is bad. It can truly be depressing. When my children were little at bedtime, I used to have them tell me two things they were thankful for and I can tell you that I will start doing this again for me. We all need a positive spin on the world.
+2

These five items are so simple to do, yet so easily overlooked. I can see the benefits of utilizing these ideas in the classroom, and take very little time to do. Thank you for the ideas!

Thank you!

Good reminders
+1

Thanks Susan. Good information to know / be reminded of.
+2

Fairly decent webinar.
I never knew that Frankl e discovered that the only way to survive and live on a higher spiritual level in trying circumstances was through meaning. That's is profound.
The 5 recommendations are nice reminders for us to take care of ourselves.
+5

I love the 5 strategies.
more reviews ...