Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Importance of Being Happy: How Being Happy Leads to More Effective Teaching and Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you or your students sometimes feel overwhelmed with all you need to do? Empower yourself and your students by increasing your level of happiness! Join Susan Brooks-Young as she shares current positive psychology research that identifies workable strategies to support healthy, joyful classroom environments. She will discuss how a happier environment leads to more effective teaching, learning, and living. Susan will also offer an overview of the specific principles that fuel happiness and help educators understand the importance and benefits of teacher and student happiness. Come discover how to get your class started on the path to happiness and more effective learning.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, February 12, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Personal Enrichment
Tags: burnout, happiness, positive psychology, teacher effectiveness

Reviews (11)

I knew about the research concerning smilingís influence on mood. I used to force myself to smile in the car on my way to stressful situations. Thanks for the reminder.

These are very good principles to practice.

Thanks for the good tips.

Interesting research on happiness.

Thank you for the information, not only is it important for teachers to have a sense of purpose but the student as well. Also, we could all smile more.
Basic Member
+2

Thank you for the information, Susan.
+8

Love this webinar!!! This is an important key to effective teaching tha many forget.
+8

Very helpful suggestions!
+10

I really liked this webinar. I am going through some difficult times at my work so the suggestions were spot on .
Basic Member
+3

very helpful thank you!
more reviews ...