Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Help Teachers Integrate App Building into any K-12 Class or Subject (It's Easier than You Think!)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Access Now

Would you like to help your K-12 teachers integrate coding into any subject or grade-level classroom? Join Michael Braun as he shares a revolutionary new web-based technology called TouchDevelop, which any K-12 teacher can use to integrate coding into any subject or course, without having any previous coding experience. In this session, Michael will go beyond how to use TouchDevelop, which works on any phone, tablet, laptop, or PC - whether they are iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, or Linux- and provide suggestions for implementing coding across curriculum.

Michael will cover suggestions for how you can create and cultivate an interest in coding amongst your teachers and students. He will also provide ideas for integrating coding into a variety of subjects and grade levels and include suggestions that your teachers can use to help them deliver coding instruction with TouchDevelop. Michael will also discuss the benefits of long-term integration of coding into a classroom, as well as ideas for implementing that integration so that students can develop strong coding and problem-solving skills.

This webinar has been brought to you by Microsoft. Learn more about TouchDevelop at

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Friday, March 13, 2015 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Microsoft, STEM
Tags: app building, coding, hour of code, K-12, Microsoft TouchDevelop, problem-solving, programming

Reviews (14)

thank you!
Thanks for the new tools to teach coding!
I am always looking for new tools to teach coding. I can't wait to try this with my students.
Thank you for a wonderful webinar!
Basic Member
Excellent webinar on integrating apps in the k12 classroom!
Michael: you are an excellent presenter. Thanks!
Basic Member
Interesting concept and app. Looking forward to trying this out!
Love this presentation. Thank you.
Basic Member
Thanks. This was a lot less difficult than I thought it would be.
more reviews ...