Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Tips and Best Practices for New 1:1 Teachers

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Access Now

Going 1:1 with new technology in the classroom can be both exciting and overwhelming. As you try to embrace the new technology, you're likely to ask yourself questions such as: How will I find time to teach all the required content and standards while integrating technology? Which apps are "good'? How can I help my students manage all of their logins? Join Chris Hull as he explores questions such as these and provides tips and best practices for learning and teaching in a 1:1 classroom. He will discuss the importance of reflecting, experimenting, risk-taking, communicating with other educators, and why it's okay to make mistakes.

As Chris shares his experiences in a 1:1 classroom, with first iPads and later Chromebooks, he will reveal some of his insights for successful teaching with technology. In addition to discussing 1:1 classroom philosophy and best practices, Chris will demonstrate how educators can streamline web resources and individualize blended learning to help students read, write, and think critically and independently. Teachers at all skill levels with any device are welcome.

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by Otus. See how this easy-to-use yet powerful LMS can revolutionize your classroom,

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, January 24, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Sponsored
Tags: 1:1, best practices, Chromebooks, iPads, mobile learning, One-to-one

Reviews (18)

The title of this presentation does not fit. I certainly did not get a list of 11 tips. I expected tips and resources to try. Instead, this presented the following ideas: the power and potential of one-to-one classroom, the need for teachers and students to try new things, a reminder to have learning goals drive the use of technology.
Very cool presentation!
Great recommendations for implementation and success.
This is a great presentation for anyone with anxiety and fear of going 1:1 to watch. Thank you!
Great presentation-thank u!
Great information - thank you!
Great presentation. Thank you so much!
Basic Member
Nice list of uses for the devices in teaching, and refreshing reminders on ways to develop students taking ownership of their learning.
Great start for my teachers to look at before they dive into chrome books next school year.
Basic Member
Great info. Thanks, Chris
more reviews ...