Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Afterschool and Mixed Age Groupings

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

According to the Afterschool Alliance, nearly one quarter of K-12 youth participate in afterschool programs or attend a child care program after school. Because children of different ages and development are often in close proximity or working and playing together, this can often present a unique set of challenges. Join Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser as she looks specifically at the developmental needs in afterschool programs for students who are 5-14 years old. In addition to exploring considerations for physical, social, and cognitive differences in development, Leigh Anne will also share strategies and tips for differentiating instruction and activities.

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Differentiated Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: after school, after-school programs, cognitive differences, developmental needs, elementary, middle school

Reviews (7)

Awesome. It is very important for teachers to hear this. I worry about my students that go to after school activities. It's a long day!
Thank you.
great presentation
Great, useful presentation.
Thank you for your informational presentation. The statements about the different ages were interesting and made me think about children needs and wants.
Leigh Anne: Thank you so much for your great presentation. I liked it!
Basic Member
Enjoyed the webinar and information provided. Thanks, Leigh Anne.
more reviews ...