Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Say This, Not That: Effective Communication to Build Responsible Behaviors in Children

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever wished that your students would be more responsible? As a teacher, you are probably aware that what you say and how you say it can have an impact on the behavior of your students, but did you know how big of an impact? And have you ever evaluated how you are doing and considered how you might communicate differently? In this webinar, join Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser as she examines how language can influence the development of responsibility and personal choices in the classroom. As she shares examples and suggestions, you will be able to evaluate how your language either manipulates children through guilt or peer pressure or encourages children to make responsible and conscious decisions that benefit themselves.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration, Counseling
Tags: communication, counseling, language, personal responsibility, responsible behaviors

Reviews (22)

+1

Webinar was interesting but had trouble watching it. I had to reload the webinar several times to see completed program.

It is hard to keep the balance between requests and demands.

The information is a good reminder that we need to help our students recognize the choices they are making.

This gave me some great tips on how to approach a student differently, depending how the behavior.

Some solid suggestions on how to instill responsibility on to students. Thanks for all the super notes with examples.

Thanks for all the tips!

Great webinar! I really liked the choice of words to use and the examples that you gave.

Great presentation for good classroom/behavior management.

Thank You! Great webinar - I really liked the wording you shared to use with students.
+10

Great reminders as well as new information. Thanks so much.
more reviews ...