Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Knowledge Journey: Ways to Keep Students Learning During Breaks

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

The holidays are around the corner, which means schools will soon go on break. But no matter what type of school break whether it's for a few days, a couple of weeks, or longer it doesn't mean our students have to take a learning break. As educators, we can encourage our students to learn during the break in fun and engaging ways. In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shares tips for motivating students to learn during school breaks and after leaving the classroom. These ideas can be used as homework alternatives as well!

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: break, fall, holiday, Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, off, spring, summer, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (9)

Great information. Thank you.
Thanks for the info and ideas!!!
Basic Member
Always a geat webinar from Shelly! Thanks so much for all you do!
Basic Member
Thank you Shelly
Love it. Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us.
Basic Member
I loved her comment of how students continue to "try and try" to complete a task when playing a video game. This is Common Core State Standard that student are practicing while staying in engaged.

Math.Practice.MP1 Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
I enjoyed all the ideas and resources! Thanks for your hard work and dedication. The video did a lot of buffering throughout the entire presentation although. Hopefully no one else experiences this.
As usual, you are a STAR!!! You always rock! Bravo!!! Smiles from Argentina! Maria :)
Thank you so much! This is one of the last two that I haven't seen before. I will finish watching Shelly's series of webinar today or tomorrow. I can wait until she starts new ones. She is great. Thanks for sharing.
more reviews ...