Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Bullying in Digital Places: Understanding Generation Mobile

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Access Now

Social media amplifies every aspect of teen life - good and bad. Did you know that the average age for children to receive their first cell phone is 12? At the same time, bullying peaks around middle school years. Widespread mobile device adoption by American youth has elevated cyber bullying concerns as problematic behaviors are hidden from plain sight. How can parents, teachers, and supporting adults help this networked generation? Join Kimberly Cales and Jonathan King as they expose the underlying mechanics of bullying in digital places, clearly define the types of cyber bullying, and provide insight into the actions that youth can take to protect themselves while making a positive impact on their wirelessly connected world.

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by i-SAFE. For more information about i-SAFE please visit:

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, School Safety, Sponsored
Tags: bullying, cyberbullying cyber bullying, digital citizenship, safety

Reviews (13)

Very in-depth presentation. Tons of great information.
Basic Member
good information
Basic Member
good information for career prep unit
Basic Member
great webinar
Kimberly: Thank you for your great presentation on a very updated topic...mandatory for every teacher!
Basic Member
Thank you for this important info.
Great information
Just watched this one as it was highlighted on the app as a Resource of the Day! Definitely a great overview of Cyberbullying. I found it a bit frustrating that the presenter would move to the next slide while she was still talking about the previous slide but perhaps that's just me. Good information and a great one to share with others.
Wonderful! I love the accurate statistics. Tons of great information in such a sort time - A wonderful "crash course" in the basics of cyberbullying.
Absolutely valuable information. Thank you.
more reviews ...