Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Build a Class Website and Create a Class Identity

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As a teacher in this technological age, you are likely aware of how important to be accessible, inclusive, and digital. Building and maintaining a class website is one easy way to achieve all three. This webinar will introduce you to one of the many free web tools available to all teachers, Wikispaces. We will show you how to build a website in minutes, as well as how to easily add features such as Google Calendars and downloadable files. Participants will learn how to post homework and announcements to keep parents in the loop, and how to create student accounts so students can be active in the class's web presence by creating pages, editing writing, and collaborating on assignments.

By the end of this webinar you will be able to create a free, easy-to-use, website that all of your students and parents can be involved in, bringing your class into the 21st century.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, August 13, 2015 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Google, Website Creation, Wikis
Tags: blog, calendars, class, classroom, collaboration, Communication and Collaboration, Google, online, Organizational and Time-saving Tools, website, Website Creation, Wikis, wikispaces

Reviews (45)

+3

Thanks Chris! Excellent links for references...time to get moving! I have one of the oldest Twitter accounts...my students told me it would never catch on! :)
+7

Thanks Chris for an excellent webinar... I already use Weebly but will also try Wikispaces.
+1

Thank you for your help.
Basic Member

It's been a while since trying Wiki, thanks for the updated information. I may give it a second try now that there is more to do with the program.

Thank you for stressing the importance of having a web presence. Thank you as well for all the different options you provided.

Great information on building a class web presence. Lots of info on WikiSpaces!
Basic Member

Thanks for sharing the information about the privacy settings for classroom use. I'm working on a wiki and collaborating with other teachers right now from home because it's being blocked at my school.

I like that you gave so many different options to choose from!

Thanks for having such great ideas and showing the spectrum of different ways to get started!

Thank you Chris. Awesome information.
more reviews ...