Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Helping Your Students Become Critical Thinkers for Common Core and Beyond

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Have you wondered how the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) help students develop critical thinking skills? Join presenter Dr. Jayme Linton as she shares specific ways in which the CCSS for English Language Arts and Mathematics focus on developing students' critical thinking skills. In this webinar, Jayme will identify critical thinking skills in the CCSS and explore strategies for helping students become critical thinkers. Join this webinar to learn practical ways to develop students' critical thinking skills that are aligned with the Common Core State Standards.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core
Tags: 21st century skills, Common Core State Standards, Critical Thinking, ELA, English, evidence , Math

Reviews (26)

Jayme thank you once again for the information that will only help my students and myself in the classroom.
+2

Fantastic Webinar! Thanks for sharing the "Cover vs. Uncover" concept. I will look at critical thinking in a whole new light from now on.

Jayme thank you once again for giving me information that will only help me and my students. I am excited about trying what I have learned out in my classroom.

As always Jayme, this webinar was jam-packed with all kinds of valuable information that I can't wait to try. Thank you!

Love the 'cover/uncover' strategy!

fantastic math resources to think about
+10

Great info. Thanks!

Thank you for this!

Great presentation.
+2

Very informative.
more reviews ...