Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Social Networking with Students and Parents: It's Safer Than You Think

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Many of us are all too aware to the prevalence of social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace and the attraction they hold for many of our students. Maybe youíve thought of trying to establish a networking page to help connect with students and parents, but were concerned that it might not be safe, or perhaps the site you wanted to use was banned at your school. In this webinar, we will cover a number of reasons why you should create a social network site for school or classroom use and discuss the benefits of doing so. We will look at an example of a "safe" social networking site, Edmodo, and share some examples of some of the many things that you can do using it.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, September 12, 2013 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Digital Citizenship, School Safety, Social Media, Workplace
Tags: Communication and Collaboration, Edmodo, Facebook, MySpace, network, networking, PLN, social, Social Media, Student Safety and Digital Citizenship

Reviews (18)

Thank you for the very detailed description on how to use Edmodo.

Great information about a safe social networking tool I'm now anxious to explore. Liked how Jerry went over the tools Edmodo has to offer. Thank you!

Great information!
+5

Great information!
Basic Member

Thank you! I'm planning on using Edmodo to connecting with my pre-k students parents. This video gave me some great ideas,
+7

Thank you very much for the great detailed information you shared, Jerry! Tons of smiles, Maria :)
+4

Thank you for your presentation. I am learning so much more about Edmodo.
+7

I really enjoy Edmodo and realize I can do more with it.
+8

Clear, organized presentation of how to get started and use Edmodo with your class. Five bunnies!
Basic Member

I've been using Edmodo for an entire school year and just learned so much more about some great key functions. Thank you.
more reviews ...