Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Exploring Digital Citizenship: Teaching Copyright Issues

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

As an educator, you no doubt know the importance of teaching students the importance of being good digital citizens, but sometimes knowing all the "rules" and how to teach them can be a bit tricky - especially when it comes to copyright. In this webinar, Kim Munoz will cover some guidelines to keep in mind when teaching students about copyright issues, including fair use, giving proper credit, and what can be used for educational purposes. We will include some online sites, resources, and lesson plans that can be used as to help you explain copyright issues to students. In addition, we will address Creative Commons resources and licensing.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, June 18, 2015 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: citation, copyright, creative commons, guidelines, licensing, resource, Student Safety and Digital Citizenship, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects, work

Reviews (42)

Important info! Enjoyed your insight.
Good information!
Great information, but the audio seems somewhat garbled.
Basic Member
Good show
Basic Member
Basic Member
Great webinar filled with helpful information and resources. Thanks, Kim!
Second webinar I watch that endorses Common Sense This looks like a great site and I can't wait to use it both as a parent and as an educator. There was also a great review of CreTive I have learned about this before in an iPad workshop done by EdTechTeacher. It was a great review for me since I haven't used it recently. I plan to post this information on my parent/student site.
This will be very useful when instructing students about copyright . The resources and lessons will be helpful.
This was my first introduction to the Creative Commons website. I learned so much about Copyright and how less intimidating it is to get original work copyright protected.
more reviews ...