Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Standards-based Grading: Make Grades More Meaningful for You and Your Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Do you use certain grading practices because "this is how we've always done it?" Have you ever wondered if there is a more meaningful way to grade student work than simply using a traditional 7-point or 10-point scale? Join Dr. Jayme Linton as she explores how to use standards-based grading as an approach to help you align your grading with specific learning outcomes. She will provide suggestions and tips for using standards-based grading so that grades become more meaningful for you and your students!

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, September 18, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: grades, grading, learning outcomes, standards-based

Reviews (17)

I thought this is a great introduction to what Standards Based grading is all about. I have been inspired to research my own practice so that come Fall, I can better communicate better with parents and students about their progress in my sixth grade classes.
Our entire Dopes is implementing Standards Based Grading. We are in the process of completing the ELA and Math standards first. We will be working on Science and Social Studies next year.
The content was very informative.
Helpful and great suggestions!
Basic Member
Very helpful!
Basic Member
This is exactly what our grade level is working on at the moment. Trying to figure out this system out requires research before implementing it.
It was informative, and presented well.
ready to get started changing!!
Great concepts and information.
This was a great review of what we covered in our PD meeting with our administration.
more reviews ...