Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Showcase Your Talents: Building ePortfolios for Teachers and Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

In our ever-changing, digital world, it is becoming more and more important that teachers and students create electronic portfolios, or ePortfolios, to showcase their talents. In this webinar, you will learn how to effectively communicate your skills and market yourself to the world through building a world-class ePortfolio. We will show you how to brainstorm and develop a framework for an ongoing professional portfolio to be used as a showcase for practice and career advancement.

We will discuss a variety of digital tools that can be used, and will demonstrate primarily with an application most teachers and students are already familiar with -- PowerPoint. We will share some sample portfolios and show you how to create a framework for building professional portfolios for educators and students of all levels.

You will walk away from this webinar with:

• An understanding of the importance of developing an ePortfoloio.
  • Ideas for developing your own ePortfolio.
  • Suggestions and examples of what to include in your ePortfolio
  • A framework for building professional portfolios for educators and students.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, December 1, 2011 @ 4:30 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Administrator Resources, Digital Media, Personal Enrichment, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: Administrator Resources, Desktop Applications, digital, Digital Media, eportfolio, market, Personal Enrichment, portfolio, showcase, skills, talent, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (6)

+8

This is a great introductory video for ePortfolios. If you have been wondering where to start, this is the place. No complicated lists to follow or "mandatory" requirements. Just some common sense and your personality. Don't let the 2011 date scare you away. This video is still relevant. I highly recommend.

Thank you!
+10

On my way to being using these tips in my own e-portfolio this day. Thank you!
+8

I am ready to start. Thank you for sharing it.
Basic Member

A good basic guide for starting an e-portfolio.
+6

Thank you for the great information. I have the "stuff" I just need to get it organized. This was helpful to get started.
more reviews ...