Do you believe that global awareness means more than simply learning about another culture's food and holidays? Would you like to empower your students to become globally connected critical thinkers, problem solvers, and decision makers who make a difference? If so, then this webinar is for you.
Join Bill Ferriter and some of his students as they introduce you to their Kiva Club and show how they have used microlending to help people in developing countries throughout the world. They will explain what Kiva is and share details of how they make a loan, including the criteria they use when deciding which recipients to lend to. And perhaps most importantly, they will explain why Kiva lending is so important to them - and how they have made a difference in the lives of so many. The webinar will also cover how microlending projects can be used to support required learning objectives and how they can be incorporated into curriculum.
You will walk away from this webinar with:
- Ideas for empowering your students to become globally connected critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Ways to help students make a real global difference.
- An understanding of Kiva and the basics of microlending.
- Suggestions for starting and developing a Kiva club or class project.
- Ways to incorporate microlending projects into curriculum.