Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creating Global Citizens with Meaningful Blogging

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

How would you like to invite the world into your classroom and expose your students' writing to an authentic audience? Do you want your students to be global citizens who are connected with other children around the world? If so, then student blogging is for you! In this webinar we will show you how to get started with student blogging, as well as how to connect with others throughout the world. We will explore some examples of how global blogging can be used in the classroom and share some tips to make it easier.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 @ 4:30 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blogging, Digital Citizenship, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: blog, Blogging, connect, online, publish, Student Safety and Digital Citizenship, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects, world, write

Reviews (10)

Thank you for sharing the benefits of blogging as well as how to get started with blogging. I like the idea of using blogging as a writing portfolio to see students grow as writers.
Blogging is still new to me. Thank you for the information.
I loved this webinar. You provided so many great ideas!
Basic Member
I like the idea of having an authentic audience, especially a global audience. I have used SKYPE before to try and reach out to people around the world, but the technology is hit or miss sometimes. I like the idea that kids can become more globally aware through this medium as it makes it real and exciting. Thanks!
Terrific sharing. Thank you!
Great information!
Thank you for the great information.
Basic Member
Pernille's webinar was both practical and inspiring. It was a great introduction to the reasons to blog/benefits for students, as well as highlighting free tools for getting started and some wonderful resources and ideas that could be used even if you are not blogging with your students. Pernille's energy and enthusiasm is infectious and she sincerely offered help and support for teachers just getting started.
Basic Member
This webinar is full of excellent insight and information for a teacher new to havign students blog. Mrs. Ripp provides several tools and ideas for how to get students blogging and how to help parents be comfortable with the process and the openness. I found it well worth 30 minute sof my time.
Basic Member
This is a good webinar if your students have access to technology. Unfortunately, a lot of students do not. I love the idea of being able to do stuff like this with my classes, but when access is a limitation, it is near impossible. Thank you for the webinar thoughI look forward to a time when I can utilize some of these ideas.
more reviews ...