Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Empower Kids to Make a Global Difference: One Kiva Club's Story

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Do you believe that global awareness means more than simply learning about another culture's food and holidays? Would you like to empower your students to become globally connected critical thinkers, problem solvers, and decision makers who make a difference? If so, then this webinar is for you.

Join Bill Ferriter and some of his students as they introduce you to their Kiva Club and show how they have used microlending to help people in developing countries throughout the world. They will explain what Kiva is and share details of how they make a loan, including the criteria they use when deciding which recipients to lend to. And perhaps most importantly, they will explain why Kiva lending is so important to them - and how they have made a difference in the lives of so many.

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 @ 3:30 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Personal Enrichment, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: critical thinking, global connections, global learning, kiva club, microlending, student projects

Reviews (6)

What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.
This is a wonderful project for these students. This brings out the best in our students and introduces a reality to life, money, and circumstance.
I love this club idea. Thanks for the new tips that I can implement and share with colleagues.
This will be something great for my students. Thanks.
Thank you for the info!
Basic Member
This was an awesome session! The Kiva Club is such a great experience for students! Thank you for the information!
more reviews ...