Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Mobile Apps for Supporting Struggling Readers

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you have students who are struggling with reading - and therefore struggling to learn? In this webinar, Jenna Linskens will share effective uses, applications, and creative ways to use tablets and mobile apps in the classroom to support struggling readers and writers in the primary and intermediate grades. She will show how to use the applications with students to improve student performance and understanding of concepts through creation, not just consumption.

If you have tablet, you are encouraged to have it ready so you can download and try out suggested applications; however you are not required to have one.

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: iPads, mobile apps, mobile learning, reading, response to intervention, RTI, struggling readers, tablets, writers, writing

Reviews (35)

Thanks for the information! I can't wait to implement some of these programs in my first grade classroom!
Basic Member

Thanks for the information. There are some I didn't know were out there!

Great information!

Thank you for resources I will certainly use. Well presented!

Very informative. Thank you

GREAT WEBINAR.

These are some really cool apps!
Basic Member

Great resource!

This has a great wealth of resources.

Thank you for all the information! I loved the way it was surrounded by the visual of the pillars of reading. There are so many great resources that I am familiar with, but now know how to use them specifically to help in those different pillars. Good info to put in my unit plans for documentation of differentiation and assessment.
more reviews ...