Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Transitioning to College: Developing a Growth Mindset

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The transition from high school to college can be a challenging time for any student. Along with a number of important life decisions, students also face more rigorous academic demands when they transition into higher education. The way in which students approach these new challenges, their mindset, can play a significant role in determining their success in higher education. In this session, Dr. Luis Perez will discuss a number of strategies based on Universal Design for Learning principles that can help high school teachers develop a growth mindset in their students to ensure a smooth transition to college. The application of these strategies to students with disabilities, for whom transition planning is a requirement, will also be briefly discussed.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Learning Theories & Strategies, Special Education
Tags: college readiness, transition planning, transition to college, UDL, Universal Design for Learning

Reviews (14)

Thanks Luis. Great information
+2

Very Useful!

Great!
+4

Nice information. Thank you.
+10

This webinar helped me with information that I will need for my graduate class.
+2

Thanks.
Basic Member
+2

Great for helping the older kiddos getting ready to move on.
Basic Member
+2

Very helpful. Thanks for the tips and resources.
+7

Thank you for the webinar.
+10

Great, informative webinar. Thank you!
more reviews ...