Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

HTML: It's Simpler than You Think!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Have you ever tried to add something to a blog or Web page but things just didn't look quite like you wanted them to? Or have you wanted to share a technical skill with your students that would be useful for them to know? If so, you should consider HTML, or hypertext markup language, an easy way to make Web pages or online text look like you want by applying simple text tags. It's easier than you might think and works whether you have a PC or a MAC!

Join Brenda Hauff as she explains what HTML is, some of the basic principles behind it, and why it's useful to know HTML. She will walk you through creating a basic page using simple HTML tags and show how some of the more common tags can be used to apply fonts, indents, color schemes, buttons, and more. She will also cover some troubleshooting tips in case things don't look quite like you expected. In addition, Brenda will briefly share some Web tools that make creating a website easier, and provide a list of resources that you can use to continue learning about and exploring HTML.

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, April 10, 2014 @ 4:30 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blogging, Business Education, College & Career Readiness, Tools for Student Projects, Website Creation
Tags: blogs, formatting, HTML, Hypertext Markup Language, web pages

Reviews (21)

This a a great webinar for an introduction to HTML. I appreciate all of the resources and tips you gave. Hopefully this will give me a good start to using coding in my classroom, especially for the Hour of Code.
this is cool!

Is there a way to bookmark these and return to them later?
Hopefully one day....
Thanks Brenda, you are very knowledgeable with this subject and it shows with your information you shared with us!
She gave a very detailed and precise presentation. It was easy to follow along with her.
I've been doing my own HTML coding since 1997. Things were simplier and more complicated at the same time back then.

This is a great beginners guide. Even if you never touch the HTML editor, knowing where to find those metatags is extremely helpful when looking to authenticate information or you need addition information and want some ideas for keywords to look for.
I loved it! Thank you for such a great presentation! You have a great way of explaining complex things in a simple manner! :)
Basic Member
Good useful info!
Good info.
more reviews ...