Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Augmented Reality in the Secondary Classroom: Increase Learning and Engagement

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

You may have heard of Augmented Reality (AR) or thought it was cool, but did you know that it can be used to enhance student learning, increase achievement, and improve the classroom environment? In this session, join Courtney Pepe as she explores how to use Augmented Reality to engage your secondary students. Discover AR tools, tips, and strategies that you can use to change your classroom from a passive, two-dimensional learning environment to an active, three-dimensional learning environment in which students get up out of their seats and engage in three-dimensional or even four-dimensional content. Courtney will provide specific content area examples for secondary math, social studies, language arts, science, and foreign language teachers. These lessons are linked to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Mobile Learning, STEM, Tools for Student Projects, Web Tool Overviews
Tags: 3-D, AR, Augmented Reality, engagement, language arts, math, science, secondary, social studies

Reviews (17)

I had not heard of AR for the classroom so this is new information for me. I will share with my brother who teaches Geometry because I think it would be a useful tool, but not as useful for my content area (HS English).
+10

Awesome webinar. Thank you.
+7

Great webinar! ^^"
Basic Member
+2

Excellent overview and into to apps for augmented reality.
+6

This was awesome!!! Very useful and informative!!!
+7

Great review of AR. Excellent webinar - Thank you.
Basic Member
+1

Ideas seemed most appropriate for high school, but I will look into AR apps for my fifth graders.
Basic Member

This is a new topic that I knew little about. This webinar got me excited to dive deeper into understanding AR apps and share with the teachers in my building.
+8

Can't wait to experiment with this with my Geometry claases.
+3

Great apps. I have used some of them but I learned about several new ones and got some excellent ideas on how to use them in the future.
more reviews ...