Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Design a Student-centered Flipped Lesson That Encourages Exploration and Inquiry

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

If the idea of a Flipped Classroom intrigues or inspires you, come discover how to design a flipped lesson that encourages exploration and inquiry, transfers knowledge online, and extends learning with student-centered activities. Join Catlin Tucker as she shows how to organize the pieces of your lesson to engage students and ensure your flipped lessons are effective. Catlin will also explore how you can use TED Ed to wrap videos in dynamic lessons online.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Differentiated Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: creating lessons, DOL0125, flipped classroom, flipping, online lessons, TED Ed

Reviews (29)

Awesome webinar!

Can't wait to use this!

Great video with very helpful suggestions.

Great ideas
Basic Member

I am just now learning about flipped lessons. I am trying to figure out how to make this work in my online environment where lessons are pre-created. Love the idea of being able to use my virtual class time in a more active way.

Thank you Catlin. Your webinar is very useful for my Spanish classes. Great info!
+10

I really enjoyed watching this video. It gave me some new and wonderful ideas about my own teaching.

Great introduction to the flipped classroom concept! Thanks a lot!

Good info for someone who is just learning about the flipped classroom and needs help making a decision as to if it is right for him.
+9

Thank you... I am using this information to obtain PDU's in the state of Oregon. I am currently retired but I am doing some short-term and long-term subbing.
more reviews ...