Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Cyberbullying: Understanding the Impact and Devastation

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

While adults often understand the hurt that is typically caused by physical bullying, many of them either underestimate or do not realize the far-reaching and potentially devastating impact that cyberbullying can have on a victim. Because cyberbullying occurs online, often under the guise of anonymity, it can be especially vicious and intimidating. And, because it can be "witnessed" by scores of online spectators and perpetrated 24/7, the impact is far-reaching and victims often feel they have nowhere to hide.

In part 1 of this 2-part series, join Brent Maguire as he provides an overview of what cyberbullying is and how it occurs. He will discuss the various forms of cyberbullying and how it differs from "traditional" bullying. He will also explore the impact of cyberbullying and some of the challenges it presents.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, School Safety
Tags: cyberbullying, digital citizenship, online bullying, school safety, victims

Reviews (55)

Informative and relevant.
+1

Thank you, this isn't just happening to kids. It seems that anyone who was a bully will find a way to bully and an excuse for why it's alright. We need to focus on the bullies!

I did not get my first smart phone until I was in college. Dealing with cyber bullying is completely new to me. But since children today are growing up with this technology it is important for me to learn how to deal with it and help children to use it in a healthy way.

Important discussion on cyber-bullying.

Thanks for this important information on cyberbullying!

great resource
very helpful information
I like how organized it was

Very helpful information about cyberbullying.

Great information on dealing with cyberbullying.

Important, very important information - every school should teach this part of citizenship!

Excellent information! Thanks.
more reviews ...