Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Language of Peer Aggression: Encouraging Bystanders to take Action

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

On average, only 15% of students intervene when they see bullying, although research shows that bystanders are successful over 80% of the time and often within the first 10 seconds of intervention. Join Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser as she addresses the role of the bystander and explores reasons why bystanders are often reluctant to take action. Leigh Anne will provide strategies for encouraging students to become "upstanders" - those who positively intervene in bullying - and include suggestions for safe student interventions. Additionally, she will share specific advice and ways to successfully role play intervention strategies.

Although not required, it would be beneficial to view the companion webinar in this two-part series, "The Language of Peer Aggression: Recognizing Bullying."

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management, Counseling, Response to Intervention (RTI), School Safety
Tags: Administrator Resources, aggression, bullying, Classroom Management, cyberbullying, Response to Intervention (RTI), Student Safety

Reviews (31)

I like the list of Dont's because we will not think in that way, very useful webinar and great information.

Thank you.

I loved the list of Dont's - things you do not think of.

Great information. I particularly liked the list of "don'ts" - these are things you would probably do without thinking!

Great webinar. I loved the information on how to help bystanders become upstanders. It sounds like the Ophelia Project was a wonderful organization, too.
Thank you.
+2

good ideas

I was stunned by the research done on the bullying that bystanders witness every day. Thanks for the eye-opener.

I liked this webinar. Very helpful
+1

Great information!

Thanks Leigh Anne for the 4-1-1. Good stuff!
more reviews ...