Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Let's Break the Ice! Icebreakers for Young Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

School can be very frightening for children, especially if they struggle with making friends, are learning to speak a new language, or are new to a school or class. Young learners are still developing social skills and for them to succeed, we need to provide opportunities for them to build relationships with their peers. In this presentation, Shelly Terrell will show you fun icebreakers that help kids bond and work effectively in teams and pairs whether they are meeting new friends or learning a new language.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, ESL/ELL
Tags: Elementary, ELL, English Language Learners, ESL, ice-breakers, introductions

Reviews (28)

+1

I found Toon Doo http://www.toondoo.com/ to be particularly interesting.

Cool ideas Shelly...many of which could be geared up for older kids.

Excellent!

Great webinar. Thank you for the useful icebreaker resources. I plan on using some at the beginning of next school year.
+5

Great presentation!
+3

Great ice breakers to use in the classroom! Appreciate the wonderful ideas and practical applications for the ice breakers. Thanks for the examples.

great Ideas. Thank you for all your hard work.
+8

Great icebreakers for younger kids. There are even a couple I think could work for middle and high school. Thank you for another awesome presentation!
+8

I saw great ideas for Kindergarten. I liked the Me Museum and rolling the ball with their names. I also like the idea of students bringing a toy.....I will use this as a prompt to get them to write.

Lots of great ideas to start off the year with my students. Thanks!
more reviews ...