Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Mobile Learning for All: Using QR Codes to Benefit All Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like an easy way for your students to access and interact with online information? Quick Response (QR) codes are special two-dimensional barcodes that can be decoded by any Web-enabled mobile device with a camera and a QR reader app. These codes can be added to existing print materials and classroom objects to make them clickable: with the snap of a photo, the student can access a Web page or online video for additional information and multimedia examples that can aid with understanding.

In this session, join Dr. Luis Perez as he shares how to use QR codes to provide multiple means of representation for all learners, including those with special needs. He will show how to create your own QR codes with a number of free tools, as well as how your students can access the information in the codes with a number of free QR reader apps for their mobile devices. In addition, Luis will provide classroom tips for using these with all learners.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Monday, June 16, 2014 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Special Education , Virtual Learning
Tags: DOL916, mobile learning, QR Codes, Special Education, Special Needs

Reviews (35)

Thx!

Thanks, Luis. So clear, meaningful and will be easy to incorporate

Excellent information.
+8

Easy steps to follow. Thanks.
+7

Thanks ! Great webinar!
Basic Member

I can't wait to try this :) Great help thank you
+2

Great resources and ideas!

I am excited to try some of your great ideas!

Thanks for the information Luis. I love the idea of a solution page for a review sheet. Great idea that seems relatively easy to do.
+4

I love QR codes and this webinar. :) Thanks!
more reviews ...