Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching Creative Problem Solving to Gifted Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Are you looking for ways to channel the creativity and focus the thoughts of your gifted students as you teach them creative problem solving? Brainstorming can often be an ideal way to do that, especially if it is done using SCAMPER, which goes beyond making "just another list." Join Melissa Edwards as she explores a way to tap into the creative ideas possible by using SCAMPER to guide, direct, and focus brainstorming. In this participatory webinar, you will get a chance to not only learn about the SCAMPER method but also to be involved as we brainstorm our way through this webinar!

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 @ 4:30 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Special Education
Tags: brainstorming, Gifted, problem solving, SCAMPER, special education

Reviews (14)

I thought this was a neat way to approach gifted studentsí learning.
Thank you for the hands-on practical advice!
Love the SCAMPER idea! The delivery of the information was very entertaining as well :)
Basic Member
I think that SCAMPER will be a useful series of steps to help students come up with new ideas and solve problems.
Thanks for the review on SCAMPER. This will be great in my GT classes.
Thanks for the brainstorming resource.
The Scamper method is very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!
I teach 7th/8th GT, and I almost stopped watching at the beginning when I heard "3rd/4th grade". But Ms. Edwards was correct: there really isn't anything new under the sun, and a technique that works in early elementary can still be a framework for older people. This SCAMPER method would definitely work at older levels. I also have an MBA, and in an earlier life worked in business settings. These kinds of structured thinking guides are definitely used in the business and engineering worlds.
Great webinar. I'm anxious to try out SCAMPER.
more reviews ...