Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching Creative Problem Solving to Gifted Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to channel the creativity and focus the thoughts of your gifted students as you teach them creative problem solving? Brainstorming can often be an ideal way to do that, especially if it is done using SCAMPER, which goes beyond making "just another list." Join Melissa Edwards as she explores a way to tap into the creative ideas possible by using SCAMPER to guide, direct, and focus brainstorming. In this participatory webinar, you will get a chance to not only learn about the SCAMPER method but also to be involved as we brainstorm our way through this webinar!

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Special Education
Tags: brainstorming, Gifted, problem solving, SCAMPER, special education

Reviews (33)

Great information and resources. Thanks.
+1

I don’t mind “messy” in my high school science inquiry labs. I agree that more authentic learning occurs when kids get it wrong the first time and have to figure out how to correct their mistakes.

Great information! I always have trouble motivating students to brainstorm whether it is for problem solving or creative writing.

good ideas, thank you!

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

I like the emphasis on teaching students how to problem solve creatively, and the idea that they need to be able to teach themselves to learn. The 4 square example was a good visual example; I liked it because it is an example that doesn't necessarily have to use language or words to solve it!
Basic Member

Thanks for the tools!

It was very informative.

Excellent presentation
Basic Member
+2

Very informative. Love the approach on grading. Thanks for the resources!
more reviews ...