Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Differentiating Instruction and Assessments for the Common Core ELA standards

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English Language Arts were designed to support teachers with differentiating literacy instruction and assessment. Differentiation can help teachers ensure that all students are achieving the complex work required by the CCSS. This webinar will examine how the structure of the CCSS for English Language Arts supports differentiated instruction and differentiated assessment. Join presenter Jayme Linton as she shares practical ways to differentiate your literacy instruction and design differentiated assessments aligned with the CCSS for English Language Arts.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, July 31, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Differentiated Learning, Reading & Writing
Tags: CCSS, Common Core Standards, differentiated instruction, DOL813, ELA, Language Arts

Reviews (48)

+1

Great webinar. So excited to get some new ideas!

Very informative session. I now have a much better understanding of making those Common Core standards work. I like the idea of moving students up the standards, "spiraling" them up. I hadn't thought of that as a means of helping students to "grow" academically.

I like your idea of taking a standard and writing different objectives for different levels. I also like the reminder to offer choices for assessments to allow all students to be successful.

Great ideas especially for working with ELL students.

This was phenomenal! This is one of the first times that I have really bought into differentiation because of the somewhat simplicity of determining levels (by those spiraling maps). And the brilliant idea of only assessing a part of the standard at a time. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that earlier, but I'm glad I have it in my toolbox going forward. My head is spinning with ideas, and I thank you so much.

Thank you!

I thoroughly enjoyed the ideas presented in this seminar, especially the different ways of differentiating instruction. Thank you.

Thank you for the clear and precise information on how the Common Core Standards are a spiral staircase. The NC website that show the standards along a horizontal line from k-12 is a fantastic visual. Love it!

Can't wait to use these resources for differentiation in my classroom.
Basic Member

Great resources for differentiation specific to Common Core ELA Standards! Very helpful.
more reviews ...