Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Surviving the 1st Month of School! 10 Tips & Resources

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

While the prospect of facing new learners can be exciting, beginning a new semester can also be rather stressful. Careful preparation goes a long way in determining the success of our time with these new learners. In this presentation, Shelly Terrell will provide tips and resources to ensure you make a positive impact on your learners and help them to achieve their learning goals. Shelly will share tips and suggestions designed to improve relationships with learners and their parents right from the start. Come discover resources that will help you and your students throughout the school year.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, July 23, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration
Tags: 589, Back-to-school, beginning of year, DOL806, first impressions

Reviews (62)

Great ideas, even if you have been teaching for a few years.
Great tips for what can be a very challenging time of year!
I thought the digital icebreakers were a great idea. We are always using the same icebreakers so these were helpful. I will check out Class DoJo.
A lot of these ideas extend beyond the first month of school. To me these werenít tip, more like good educational practices. Perhaps more useful for those early in their teaching careers.
This webinar has a lot of useful ideas and information. It seemed like it was well-suited for newer teachers, or teachers with less experience, and would be a great resource as a part of a new teacher academy.
My takeaway "Let students create their learning environment."
Great ideas to start school off for the fall! Thanks for the info
Thank you!
Tips and tricks will be helpful to start out fall.
Thank you.
more reviews ...