Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

I'm Invincible! Superhero Activities & Apps to Promote Literacy and Empower Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Students of various ages and backgrounds can usually find a superhero to identify with. Learning about superheroes not only helps empower those kids who deal with bullying and peer pressure, but it can also be used to engage students in literacy learning. In this session, Shelly Terrell will provide lesson ideas for teaching using superheroes and show how lessons with superheroes can motivate students to improve their reading and writing skills. She will also share various Android and iPad apps that students can use to learn about superheroes or to create a few superheroes of their own.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 @ 5:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing
Tags: 589, Android apps, DOL810, iPad apps, iPads, literacy, reading, writing

Reviews (21)

Thank you! Fits into my school super hero theme!
Basic Member

Thank you for sharing some neat ideas. I will also share some with my wife since she teaches elementary school.
+9

Wonderful P.D.! Thank you for sharing:)

Love the superhero ideas. They are great for the younger kids and of great interest.
+4

I loveeee these ideas ... will def use in the classroom
Basic Member
+5

I love the ideas to use graphic novels and comics to get students interested. Thanks for the wonderful ideas.
Basic Member
+5

These are great ideas!
+5

Thank you!
+6

Great ideas that the kids would really get into. Thanks!

This was wonderful. There were so many ideas, I have to watch it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.
more reviews ...