Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Techniques, Tips, and Tools for Managing a Computer Lab

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As with a successful classroom, a successful computer lab requires good management; a computer lab, however, needs multiple levels of management. While general classroom management techniques apply, you also need to manage the devices, the network, and the data, being sure to anticipate and plan for possible failures on all fronts. This webinar will outline various ways you can manage the technology of the lab, while also integrating traditional classroom management techniques.

Join Chris Casal as he covers a variety of lab-management topics, including: software applications for controlling, managing, and updating computers; ways to distribute files and data to students; ways for students to turn in work digitally; and the digital aspects of traditional rules, routines, and consequences. He will also touch on various ways to differentiate not only instruction for students, but the specific technologies used. Whether you use desktops and interactive whiteboards, iPads that remotely control everything, Web-based storage, or server-based storage, this webinar will provide insight into various ways to create a streamlined, versatile computer lab for your school.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, August 8, 2013 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Organizational & Time-saving Tools
Tags: computer labs, managing computers, updating computers

Reviews (10)

Good info to work with in a lab.

Lots of good information Mr. Casal! Thanks for sharing your insights and suggestions on organizing my computer lab!
+4

Very useful information.
Basic Member
+3

Thanks for walking us around your space. I picked up a few interesting ideas.
+6

Great info and tips!!!

Some of these tips are helpful with a cart of laptops, too, especially using the management software and giving thought to space configuration.
+10

Loved this. Thank you!
+10

Thanks for the new learning and tips.
+7

Great ideas! I wish we could afford a Mac Lab but we're trying! :)
+11

Some great ideas! Thank you! I also teach in a iMac lab and have used those tools.
more reviews ...