Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Nonviolent Intervention: Preventing a Student's Behavior from Escalating

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever wanted to try and intervene before the meltdown of a student escalated into more destructive behaviors, such as hitting or chair throwing? If so, this webinar is for you. Join Melissa Mann as she shares tips and strategies that you can use to intervene before a student's behavior becomes out of control. She will discuss ways to recognize the triggers early and how to talk a student through the crisis of the moment. Discover strategies, such as de-escalation, that can be used at all grade levels.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, June 18, 2015 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Response to Intervention (RTI), School Safety
Tags: classroom management, de-escalation, DOL729, non-violent crisis intervention, school safety, student behavior

Reviews (39)

Thanks for the 4-1-1 Melissa!

Great information on different techniques to de-escalate situations.

Lots of great info, thank you so much!

great infothanks so much!

Melissa helped remind me of some tips/tricks that I had forgotten in dealing with students behavior/meltdowns. Thank you.

Great information on how to help students deal with various behaviors in the classroom! Thank you!
+2

Really helpful information to prevent melt downs

Thank you for your tips on ways to prevent or minimize a unwanted behaviors or meltdowns. I agree that forming relationships and getting to know your students is important to understand them and to help with the management for the rest of the year.

Great ideas and tools provided.

Great information! Thank you!
more reviews ...