Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Making the First Day of School Memorable

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

You never get a second chance to make a first impression, so make the first day of school count! Too often the first day of school is a blur of syllabi and instructions leaving students dazed and confused. Instead, use that first day of class to inspire, inform and engage your students! Join Catlin Tucker as she provides suggestions, tips, and strategies for making that first day memorable and inspiring.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: 589, back-to-school, DOL806, first day of school, student engagement

Reviews (69)

Would like to think of ideas that could be more specific to classes other than English...
I just changed the whole first day activities after watching this!! Thank heavens I still have time to put new plans into effect!!
Excellent information!!!
Great session!
I'm starting my first year of teaching very soon and this webinar was so practical and helpful! I feel more confident now, heading into my first day. Thank you!
Awesome tips for starting the new school year off right!
Awesome ideas to make the first day memorable. I really enjoyed the google map idea, as well as the Instagram Scavenger-hunt. Thank you!
Such super ideas! I especially liked the autobiography worksheet and the Pinterest ideas for students so they can get to know each other.
Great practical ideas! I am inspired!
Thank you for the ideas for first day/week of school. I'm so excited to plan a curriculum that stands out and is fun.
more reviews ...