Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using LinkedIn to Promote Yourself and Help Find a Job

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

If employers are searching for potential employees online, will they find you? And if they do, what will they see? In today's job market, it is increasingly important that you promote yourself and establish a professional presence on the Web using online tools such as LinkedIn, a global social network for professionals. Join Dawn Berkeley as she shares how to create a profile, build a professional network by establishing connections, publish a resume, and seek out recommendations from colleagues. Learn how to expand your network of professional connections and breathe online life into your potential job search.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Monday, October 14, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Business Education, Personal Enrichment, Social Media, Workplace
Tags: career, job searches, Linked In, LinkedIn, networking, online resumes, professional contacts, social media

Reviews (24)

+2

Excellent overview on how to develop your online professional presence on LinkedIn!
+3

Informative presentation. Thanks.
+3

What a great overview included about the Profile section. This is such an important area to control your online persona!

Great attempt at providing an overview to LinkedIn, but I wish the presentation was in two parts so that you could go a little slower for folks like me not yet familiar with it.

Thanks Dawn. Good stuff. I was never really in tune with “LinkedIn” but your explanation now has me “in the know” and I just might have my profile uploaded sooner than later on LinkedIn.
+10

Informative presentation. Thanks.
Basic Member

Great presentation! Wish there was more time to share more details.
Basic Member
+3

I wondered about how the whole "endorsement" thing came about, so thanks for the explanation!

Thank you this useful information.
+7

I was aware of LinkedIn, but thank you for the overview in this webinar.
more reviews ...