Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

New Tools for Schools: Developing Creativity and Critical Thinking Skill

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Most educators recognize the importance of developing creativity and critical thinking skills, but in the current culture of public education, it's often challenging for teachers to teach creativity and for schools to focus on it. As educational leaders, we need to transmit certain kinds of content knowledge but also to equip students with the habits, mindsets, and practices for creative thought and action. In this webinar, we will cover ideas, concepts, and projects that promote creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. We will also evaluate and explore various K-12 Creativity projects that utilize Web 2.0 resources and help to develop these essential skills.

You will walk away from this webinar with:

• An understanding of what is meant by creativity, problem solving, and critical thinking.

• Suggestions for teaching these skills effectively in the classroom.

• Ways to create problem-solving environments and how to implement new ideas in your classroom.

• Ideas for Web 2.0 projects that help to develop creativity, problem solving, and critical thinking.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Monday, September 19, 2011 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Administrator Resources, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: Administrator Resources, creativity, critical thinking, Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, problem solving, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (3)

+10

Very valuable presentation. Thanks!
Basic Member
+2

High school appropriate!!! I think our kids would do some of these! So many of the resources are for elementary aged students, glad to have something for our faculty to try.
+8

It was a great one hour webinar. I didn't feel the time. I had so much information, but I think the best is that I am so inspired.
more reviews ...