Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Jayme Linton

Dr. Jayme Linton is Assistant Professor of Education at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, North Carolina. Jayme developed and coordinates Lenoir-Rhyneís graduate program in online teaching and instructional design, and successfully completed the Ph.D. program in teacher education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Jayme received a bachelorís in elementary education from Western Carolina University and a masterís in curriculum and instruction from Appalachian State University. Previously, she held positions as Instructional Technology Facilitator, Staff Development Coordinator, Instructional Coach, and elementary teacher. She was recognized by the National School Board Association as one of the "20 to Watch" for 2012-13 and was selected for ISTE's Making IT Happen Award by NCTIES in 2013. Jayme is co-founder of #NCed, a bi-weekly Twitter chat for North Carolina educators, and #edteach, a bi-weekly Twitter chat for pre-service teachers. Her research and professional learning focus on preparation and support for online instructors, online and blended learning communities for educators, blended learning in K-12, personal learning networks for pre-service teachers, and professional learning for technology integration. Jayme is married with two beautiful children, ages six and three, and will soon be expanding her family through adoption.
PreviewPreviewPreviewPreview

Some of Jayme's Webinars

Presented by Jayme Linton Saturday, May 7, 2016
3:00 - 3:30 PM EDT
Presented by Jayme Linton Tuesday, March 1, 2016
4:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Presented by Jayme Linton Saturday, January 30, 2016
11:00 - 11:30 AM EST

Meet SimpleK12 Trainer Jayme Linton

Q & A with Jayme Linton

When you were a kid, you wanted to be a ______? Why?

I wanted to be an astronaut and travel to space. Oh wait, I still do.

Twitter changed my life because:

I have connected with educators around the world whom I never would have met otherwise, and I have learned so much from them. Twitter delivers a constant stream of resources, ideas, and strategies related to my personal interests. It is real-time, differentiated professional development.

What are your favorite books and authors?

Favorite author:†Dan Brown; Favorite book: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque.

The biggest problem with K-12 education is:

The people who know what's best are not in positions to make it happen.

If you never had to worry about making money, what would you do?

Teach, read, and write.