Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Rhonda Jenkins

Rhonda has been a teacher for over 15 years, originally starting in the education profession as a one-on-one aide for a student with special needs. She realized from that experience that she would enjoy being a teacher, so she returned to college and graduated in 1999 at 38 years old with her teaching credentials. She had finally decided what she wanted to be when she grew up! Rhonda now works as a Library Media Center Director as a teacher/librarian or “Tibraian” at Kendall Elementary School in Naperville, Illinois. Through all of this, she learned that she absolutely loves learning. Rhonda, who is known as the tech guru in her building, has three Master’s degrees: Technology in Education, Reading and Literacy, and Educational Leadership.
PreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreview

Some of Rhonda's Webinars

Presented by Rhonda Jenkins Monday, January 19, 2015
1:00 - 1:30 PM EST
Presented by Rhonda Jenkins Thursday, June 6, 2013
2:00 - 2:30 PM EDT
1:00 - 1:30 PM EDT
12:00 - 12:30 PM EDT

Meet SimpleK12 Trainer Rhonda Jenkins

Q & A with Rhonda Jenkins

What are your favorite books and authors?

One of my favorite books is The Red Racer by Audrey Woods. I also love White Lilacs by Carolyn Meyer. My favorite adult book authors are Mary Higgins Clark and Robin Cook.

If you could live anywhere other than where you are, it would be:

Taiwan

The biggest problem with K-12 education is:

People who have never taught are making all of the rules and it’s obvious they do not understand what teachers and students need!

I've always wanted to visit:

Yap

What are your most treasured possessions?

My most treasured possessions are my Bible, my daughter, my mother, my garden, my ability to absorb knowledge and good health!