Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What Fun! Improve Literacy with 10 Free Comic Tools and Apps

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Improving literacy is challenging when learners are not engaged with the material. Creating comics engages students and encourages them to explore vocabulary, summarize information, and contextualize what they learn in a creative way. In this webinar, Shelly Terrell will share various free comic creation tools, as well as classroom activities that help improve literacy.

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by PBS LearningMedia. Get instant-access to thousands of resources when you create your free account on pbslearningmedia.org.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: comic creation tools, DOL611, Literacy, reading and writing, vocabulary

Reviews (40)

Very informative - I really enjoyed your suggestions - thank you!
+9

I enjoyed this webinar P.D.! Thank you for sharing:)
+7

Sure wish the periodic table comic link still worked! This was such a wonderful webinar. I wrote down so many resources to try with my students. Thanks

Great Webinar very informative. Cannot wait to use some of these comic websites in my lessons
+1

Great Ideas. Thank you for sharing.
+6

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Basic Member
+5

What great ideas to get students excited about school. Thanks for the great writing ideas!
+2

This will make kids excited to write

This will making teaching topics that would otherwise be less than engaging, a lot more exciting!

Love the resources shared and the lesson ideas that you presented. I can't wait to have students create their original comics.
more reviews ...