Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Common Core: Strategies for Teaching Argument Writing Across Curriculum

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you unsure how to teach argument writing in your English, history, or science class? This webinar will focus on several concrete strategies to help you teach argument writing. Join Catlin Tucker as she shows how to help students learn to write a strong claim, support that claim with sufficient evidence, and respond to counterclaims with valid reasoning. Discover how you can cultivate students who communicate effectively in writing, value evidence, and understand other perspectives.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Reading & Writing
Tags: argument writing, CCSS, Common Core State Standards, cross-curricular writing, Dol327, persuasive writing, reasoning, writing, writing strategies

Reviews (30)

+4

If you teach writing, you MUST see this webina.

Catlin: thank you for the great ideas!
Basic Member
+5

I love the idea of having teachers brainstorm topics to write about. Thanks for the ideas.
+2

Very Helpful
+2

Once again, Catlin Tucker presents a fantastic webinar. She provides lots of resources and ideas that will help me be a better writing teacher.
+4

I would like to incorporate some of these ideas in my public speaking class. I like the KQED site.
+2

Another great webinar from Catlin. Great tips and resources for argument writing!
+2

Excellent webinar, thanks!
+5

Thank you for the information. Helpful!

KQED looks like it will provide some great topics for writing.
more reviews ...