Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Historical Fiction Read Alouds: Bring American History to Life

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for read aloud books that will bring American History to life for your elementary or middle school students? Join Monica Burns as she shares an annotated list of books she has used in her classroom to help her students learn about important events and people in American History. These texts are perfect for teachers looking for content area books to use for literacy instruction, or for teachers in a Social Studies classroom looking to excite their students with historical fiction picture books. Monica will also explore lesson ideas and tips that help bring these texts to life for your students.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Reading & Writing
Tags: books, elementary, History, literacy, middle school, Reading, Social Studies

Reviews (44)

Basic Member

I love Monica! Thanks for sharing this. It comes at an opportune time for me. This will be my 23rd year of teaching, but my first time teaching 5th grade Social Studies.

Great ideas to engage students!
Basic Member

Love this! Thank you!

Always love a good book talk. Canít wait to read the books on your list.

this was an excellent webinar for me to help my students.

This was a very informative webinar with some great thoughts of additions to my library. I would love to have follow up with early history book ideas.
+2

Thanks for the suggestions of historical fiction books.

Thank you! I can't wait to read these books in my classroom.

The information was great. I can integrate many of the books during Social Studies.
+3

What a great Bibliography! Thank you!
more reviews ...