Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Strategies for Success with Common Core State Standards, Part 1 of 2

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Schools across the country are struggling to implement the new Common Core State Standards. Administrators are wondering how to prepare their schools to be successful on the new assessments, and teachers are wondering how the new standards will change what they're teaching. This webinar, the first in a two-part series, will outline strategies to help administrators and teachers prepare for the new standards.

Join Nancy Sindelar, assessment expert and author of “Using Test Data for Student Achievement,” as she shares some answers to the challenges posed by No Child Left Behind and the Common Core Standards.

In this first of a two-part series, she will discuss how to align current curriculum and assessments to the new standards and share methods for monitoring students' progress toward meeting the new standards.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, November 29, 2012 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Common Core
Tags: Administrator Resources, aligning curriculum, assessments, CCSS, Common Core State Standards, student progress

Reviews (9)

+2

Aired in 2012- now outdated for most - unless you are just beginning with Common Core.
Basic Member
+5

This was interesting and helpful.
+3

Nice webinar..very heavy on the data!
+4

Extremely informative webinar.
+7

Some material has been covered in other forums. However, I realize that I am watching much later than when it was released.
+3

There were some good points but as new as the common core is, some of the information presented is now dated. (I am watching later on demand.)
Basic Member

Very interesting
Basic Member
+3

Thanks for the information. This just refirmed to me that our state is doing great things with the new CCSS. A couple of suggestions with comments from today please find below:

Math Standards have changed from "strands" to "domains" with the new CCSS. Also, for non-math and reading curriculum, literacy standards have been written, the are called, "Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Studied". This document shares ideas on how these subject areas can help with implementaton of CCSS at their levels.
Basic Member

The strategies suggested for success with common core on this webinar session was extremely informative and useful in my lesson planning. Reading the data now is going making more sense on how to approach it. Thanks Nancy for sharing.
more reviews ...