Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Exploring the Role of Literature in Common Core Standards

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As teachers are tasked with aligning their curriculum to the Common Core State Standards, many teachers have questions about the role of literature and the use of fiction versus non-fiction works. This webinar will review the Common Core method for evaluating books, and will provide some recommended titles as well as methods for staying current on new literature. Join Tamara Cox and Kristen Hearne as they help you understand the emphasis on nonfiction and share strategies for integrating informational text into your classroom and promoting nonfiction to your students.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Reading & Writing
Tags: CCSS, Common Core State Standards, DOL1018, fiction, literature, non-fiction

Reviews (15)

+2

Good information. Thanks!
+2

Nice resources.

I liked the nonfiction text features poster idea. This will help trigger the thought processes needed. Thank you.
+4

Good presentation for integrating informational text.
+7

Really nice presentation on helpful resources.
+5

So many wonderful ideas and resources. Helpful!!
+5

Fantastic presentation so many wonderful perspectives, resources, and strategies shared. Thank you for sharing!
+9

this presentation helps those of us who don't teach English classes understand the common core literature expectations.
+10

Implementing non-fiction using student-led book reviews has worked well for my students. I am excited about using speed tables as a new strategy. Thank you.
+10

I have enjoyed learning new information about literacy from webinars. I know that my students will be most appreciative for me to share my new learning with them because they have a great loce of integrating technology across the curriculum.
more reviews ...