Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Helping Students Become Independent Readers and Writers: An Intro to Balanced Literacy

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to help your students to become more proficient, lifelong readers and writers? A balanced literacy approach helps students move toward independence as readers and writers through a gradual release model. In this session, Dr. Jayme Linton will provide an overview of the eight components of balanced literacy and share strategies that you can use to implement a balanced literacy approach in your own classroom. Join us to learn how to help your students become more independent readers and writers.

This webinar has been brought to you by Follett. To learn more about Follett's balanced literacy solutions, please visit http://school.follett.com/balanced-literacy/.

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing
Tags: balanced literacy, gradual release model, independent readers, independent writers, literacy approach, reading, reading proficiency, writing

Reviews (10)

Great Webinar!

This gave me some great ideas for an art project I do with seventh graders that involves myth writing.

Great review of the gradual-release approach!

great info for the classroom

Great strategies that I will be able to utilize in my classroom. Thank You.

Great! I agree totally because I have used many of these techniques in my classroom and they proved beneficial.

Really good! I already do a lot of this in my class so it reaffirmed my teaching!

Excellent ideas for guided reading and writing. I also like how she talked about how often for each.
+6

The video has been fixed and is now available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

These strategies are very helpful for explaining how and what to model for students.
more reviews ...