Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Google Hangouts for Virtual Field Trips: Tips and Tricks

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Field trips allow students to meet with experts in various areas or visit locales away from the classroom, but frequently budgets and other constraints make them difficult or impossible to arrange. There is an easier way! Google Hangouts offers fantastic, free options for bringing guest speakers and experts to your classroom, as well as opportunities for "visiting" other locations. Learn about how Google Hangouts can be used to take students on virtual field trips. This webinar is full of tips and tricks for connecting your students to the real world. Join speaker and author Monica Burns as she shares lots of ways to use Google Hangouts for virtual field trips!

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Google Intermediate, Virtual Learning
Tags: Google, Google Hangouts, guest speakers, subject experts, virtual field trips

Reviews (19)

Great! I love virtual field trips. Thanks for sharing how to use Google Hangouts.

I want see how it actually works. I seen Monica before and she was great. This was not very good.
Basic Member
+2

Thank you for some great ideas to try in my classroom.

It was a nice approach to the topic and provided inspiration for the possibilities of what can be done virtually.

Thank you for sharing. The idea of virtual field trips opens up many opportunities for our students.

Excellent!

Good overview and advice for using it for the first time.
Basic Member

Excellent!

Thank you!
+2

Nice job.
more reviews ...