Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Poverty 101: The Basics and 6 Different Types

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

If you are like most teachers, you likely have students in your class whose families are struggling with poverty. Poverty is a challenge for schools and communities across the United States and the world. With over 47 million people living in poverty in the U.S. alone, it is important for educators to gain an understanding of the facts and fallacies of poverty. Join Matt Bergman as he provides you with an overview of poverty, the six different types, and what brain research says about how poverty impacts our student's brains.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, September 7, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: at-risk, brain research, impact of poverty, poverty, RTI

Reviews (23)

THank you!!!!

Thank you for all the wonderful information

Very good information!!! Thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed listening to this webinar. The information given really opened my eyes and gave me a better understanding of poverty. Thank You!

Understanding poverty and how it impacts those children's education is so real. Thank you for sharing

Understanding poverty and how it impacts those children's education is so real. Thank you for sharing

very good, compassionate information- very real-thank you so much

Enjoyed this very much, especially the EACH portion near the end. Good to know how chronic stress negatively impacts my students so I can be more proactive and helpful.

Valuable information, thank you.

Very informative.
more reviews ...