Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Positive Behavioral Change: An Intro to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you heard of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or wondered what it was? Or maybe you've heard of it, but wished you knew more. Join Melissa Mann as she presents an introductory overview of ABA, explains what it is, and explores some of the ways it has been used to promote positive behaviors and lessen negative behaviors. While ABA techniques are often used with autistic and other special education students, they can be used with students in general education classrooms as well, including those with ADHD, speech impediments, traumatic brain injury, and more. In addition to sharing what ABA might look like in your classroom, Melissa will provide resources for learning more about it.

Details

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Special Education
Tags: ABA, Applied Behavior Analysis, autism, autistic, special education, special needs

Reviews (13)

Thank you for the resources and advice!

Very informative. Will be recommending this webinar to fellow coworkers.

Wow, really good information. Thank you!!
Basic Member

Very insightful and useful for teachers and parents.
+2

Very informative webinar. Gained new insights. Will share with colleagues! Thanks!
+8

Very informative

While I am not a special needs teacher, being a Kindergarten teacher, I do get to see behaviors that are along these lines from parents who are in denial. This information will definitely help me in "training" the children and the parents. And I LOVED the fair vs equal info. I come across a lot of this. Thank you for your presentation

Quite helpful, a very complete presentation/review

Helpful and I liked the websites.

All kids are special !
more reviews ...